Trail Projects completed in 2019:
1. Paving the last unpaved section of rail trail in Leeds. Grant and CPA funded.
2. Removal of about 40 hazard trees in Florence and Leeds. Grant funded.
3. Repair worst of root damage and drainage problems between King Street and Earle Street. Grant funded.
4. Built 1 mile of trail from Burts Pit Road to Overlook to Sandy Hill. Grant and CPA funded.
5. Advance trail from Route 10 to Route 66 to get on the TIP. Federal and state funding line.
6. Began shared use bicycle/pedestrian path from Bridge Street to the MassCentral. Part of the Exit 19 roundabout.
Trail Projects planned for 2020:
1. Edwards Square/North Street bike path access ramp
2. Design lower Pleasant Street (Hockanum Road to Roundabout) to explore bike lanes
3. Start design of Main Street, downtown, and explore bicycle accommodations
4. Complete shared use bicycle/pedestrian path from Bridge Street to MassCentral
5. Begin bicycle friendly roundabout at North King and Hatfield
6. Bidding for Damon Road, which will include shared use bicycle/pedestrian path from MassCentral to Damon Road by River Run.
7. Bidding for King Street with bicycle accomodations from North Street to the MassCentral trail crossing
8. Begin initial design for long term plan of trail from Damon Road to Elm Court in Hatfield
Updates courtesy of:
Wayne Feiden, FAICP
Director of Planning & Sustainability
City of Northampton